This job posting is no longer active.
SCOPE: The Hockey Director is an integral member of the facility management team. She/He provides energy, leadership and initiative in developing and maintaining the hockey programs within the facility. This is balanced with strong customer service ability, team leadership and business acumen. Direct reports include the hockey school instructional team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Reporting directly to the General Manager, responsibilities include:
- Creation of Hockey Programs and Learn to Play programs annual ice plan, maximizing all opportunities for program growth through learn to play programs, contract ice, schools, special events, learn to hockey camps, etc.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the hockey programs marketing action plan in partnership with the General Manager
- Provides leadership and management over the men’s rec league, in house program, Little Leaf’s programs department to ensure facility goals are met. Including maximizing ice revenue potential through the creation of new or removal of non performing programs.
- Performance of job evaluations for the Hockey instructional staff as well as training for all new staff in department.
- Managing all accounting information pertaining to the hockey programs department, including monthly income statements, GL listings, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Responsible for reporting weekly to the General Manager on overall performance of the hockey programs department including revenue streams and identifying challenges relating to overall performance.
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work with a team and be a member of the facilities management team, including MOD (Manager on Duty) responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Solid knowledge and experience in Hockey coaching including ability to teach and create lesson plans is required.
- Past coaching experience is required.
- Knowledge of hockey programs management is required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Must have strong communication skills both written and orally (English)
- Ability to manage people & time effectively
- Prioritize effectively & work well with Customers, Professional Coaches, Co-Workers & Management
- Creativity and innovation combined with excellent organizational skills
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Publisher)
- Strong marketing and customer service ability. Knowledge of marketing and previous sales experience an asset
- Graduation from a College in the Sports/Leisure Services Administration field, or Marketing/Business field
- 2 years successful experience in a Sports related business in a supervisory level position.
- Ability to work with a team and be a member of the facilities management team.