This job posting is no longer active.
SCOPE: Reporting to the Programs Coordinator, the Skate Shop Attendant provides customer service in person through the distribution of ice rental skates to participants of Public Skate & Skating Lesson Sessions. In addition they provide on-ice supervision of Public Skate sessions to ensure a safe environment for the public. Duties are conducted in a professional and courteous manner.
Responsibilities RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide customer service to all guests that come to a Public Skate session.
- Able to communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Work independently as a member of our customer service team.
- Well informed about our birthday packages, special event packages and program information.
- Issue rental skates to users that have paid the appropriate fee.
- Review skates returned for required maintenance.
- Maintain a tidy, organized and safe work environment
- Supervise public skate sessions to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for participants.
- Provide support to the Events team for Special Events/Birthday Parties as requested.
- Cleaning facility as directed.
- Public skate session setup and teardown.
- Verification of wristbands for public skate admission.
- Miscellaneous other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:Must be a proficient ice skaterEnjoy working with the public in a customer service role, in all age/demographic groupsInterested in working in an environment which is fast paced and always changing Adaptable and able to communicate effectively with both customers and staffExperience in ice arenas, relating to hockey or figure skating is an assetExperience handling cash preferredEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:Excellent oral and written communication skills (English), neat in appearance, professional in attitude and understands the sensitivity of confidential informationMust be thorough, organized, articulate and punctualMust work well under pressure and pay particular attention to details1-3 years experience in customer service rolesAbility to work flexible schedules, primarily weekday daytime hours, with the occasional weekday evening or weekend shiftAs a member of the recreation facility Team, this position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with vulnerable personsFirst Aid certificate preferred