This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Armstrong, BC
Updated at: April 30, 2019
The Armstrong Spallumcheen Outdoor Pool is looking for qualified and experienced life guards to take the role of leadership more seriously this summer within the position of a casual to full time Deck Leader. Application open until March 8th. Visit to find application info.
· Will be classified as Deck Leader when Supervisor is not present at facility or is busy with other duties.
· Facility management when classified as Deck Leader, including cleanliness & health.
· Duty of facility supervision to employees as well as all patrons.
· Emergency management.
· Report management.
· Staff Training.
· Event Planning.
· Daily management duties.
· Shift Reports for Supervisor.
· Lesson & Program implementation and management.
· Attend all in-services and any extra training required.
· Also perform all duties of an instructor/guard when not designated as a Deck Leader.
· If at any time a Deck Leader shows themselves unfit to uphold the required level of maturity, integrity or work ethic, the title of Deck Leader will be removed for the rest of the season.
National Lifeguard (NL)- Recent up to 2 years
Water Safety Instructor (WSI)- Recent up to 2 years
Standard First Aid or AEC (SFA/AEC)- Recent up to 3 years
CPR-C & AED- Recent up to 3 years
Two or more years’ aquatic experience.
One or more of the following:
Lifesaving Instructor (LSI)
Pool Operator 1 or 2
Head Guard Course or another leadership course(s).