This job posting is no longer active.
Canlan’s Wild Wing strives to deliver great food products, service, and profitable growth through great people and experience.
THe Assistant Food and Beverage Manager will assist in planing, supervising and administering the Food & Beverage department (which includes Wild Wing along with facility concessions), ensuring high quality service and products are delivered to the enjoyment of our guests. To meet or exceed the objectives for the F&B department as set out in the facilities annual operating plan.
Responsibilities LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
INFLUENCING/INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP, DEVELOPING OTHERS/COACHING MANAGING RESOURCES AND CONFLICT:
- Maintains an effective management and support structure that reflects the facility's requirements.
- Recruits, selects, hires and trains Department Managers and other food and beverage staff as required.
- Ensures all staff adhere to:
- Canlan's policies, procedures and best practices.
- Reporting systems.
- Job expectations.
- Assess and develop overall manager and / or departmental staff performance.
- Manage and develop staff within the department (inclusive of ongoing learning and development initiatives and related follow up / follow through).
TEAM (EFFECTIVE WORK GROUP) DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS / RELATIONSHIP:
- Ensures consistent delivery of Canlan's products and services to established standards using standard operating procedures.
- Communicates goals, objectives and expectations to department staff and monitors performance against them.
- Ensures staff is optimally scheduled to create positive customer service experience.
- Ensures customer questions/concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that department priorities are aligned to and that full facility team supports:
- The Canlan Mission, Vision and Culture Statements.
- The Customer Service Charter.
- Corporate priorities.
- Troubleshoots customer service issues as required.
BUSINESS GOALS, ONGOING PLANNING AND WORK MANAGEMENT:
- Assists with the planning of specials, special events and promotions.
- Ensures department assets are maintained according to manufacturer specifications to ensure life expectancy.
- Maintains and provides accurate information in regard to weekly & monthly cost reporting.
- Collaborates and shares best practices with other Corporate Managers and/or National Directors.
- Creates the Annual Operating Plan for the F&B Department and assist the General Manager in developing forecasts.
DECISION MAKING AND RESULTS:
Manage Financial Accountability and Administrative Requirements:
- Manages actual labour costs and sales by entering them into the Weekly Tracking Spreadsheet.
- Monitors performance against the Annual Operating Plan, identifying variance to the plan and suggests corrective measures to improve performance against it.
- Reviews monthly financial statements for the restaurant against internal statements produced in Optimum control.
- After reviewing and processing supplier invoices, adjustments and payroll hours submit to the General Manager for approval.
- Ensures control systems are in place for cash and inventory.
SALES ABILITY, PERSUASIVENESS AND FOLLOW-UP:
Provide Sales Leadership
- With the assistance of the Sales and Marketing Manager identify new sales opportunities through cross promotions with other departments such as:
- 3rd party tournament planning and support
- Regional championships
- Canlan Classic Tournament event support.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Ensures Health and Safety Standards are met by all staff.
- Ensures a safe working environment and a safe customer environment for the facility as detailed in the Risk Management checklist.
- Ensures all department staff are trained on the Facility Emergency Plan and know what to do in case of an emergency.
- Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of area of responsibility.
- Ensures closing procedures and nightly cash outs and reports are complete and accurate.
- Provides in house / on the floor team leadership ensuring sales growth and customer satisfaction.
- With the assistance of the facility Sales & Marketing Manager and corporate personnel maximizes sales by ensuring proper execution and delivery of restaurant promotions, banquets, birthday parties and other events.
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL MANAGEMENT:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed in all projects.
- A minimum of 5+ years Food & Beverage experience
- A minimum of 3+ years staff leadership experience.
- Willing and able to lead the teams by working various shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management or a combination of experience and education.
- Industry Accreditation preferred.
- Smart Serve (or equivalent) and / or Food Safety Certification.